We announced at our January meeting that we would be having a pincushion swap with the Great Lakes Modern Quilt Guild, and here are the details!
- Make a pincushion
- No more than 5″ across
- Use modern fabrics
- Stuff your pincushion with whatever you want (stuffing, crushed walnut shells…)
- Bring your pincushion to our March 15, 2017 meeting. (If you can’t be there, send it with a friend.)
- Attach a brief bio about yourself so whoever receives your pincushion can learn a little bit about you. Here are some things you might want to include in your bio:
- How long you’ve been sewing
- How you became a modern quilter
- Some of your favorite fabric designers
- Where you grew up
- A photo of yourself
- Your email address or instagram handle
- The guild will take care of mailing all the pincushions to Michigan. You’ll get your pincushion at the April 19 or May 17 meeting, depending on the mail. Then everyone can see the beautiful pincushions we received!
- Check out the Great Lakes MQG’s pincushion pinterest board for ideas!
- They also have a great modern fabric pinterest board.
- If you’re on instagram, take a picture of your pincushion and tag #oahumqg
- You can also post pictures of your pincushion in our Facebook group!
- Challenge yourself to try something new! 🙂
It’s possible that the number of people who bring pincushions from each guild may not match up. If we collect more pincushions than Great Lakes does, you might get a pincushion from one of our own guild members. But that’s okay, because that’s fun, too!
We’re looking forward to seeing your beautiful pincushions at the March meeting!